Diary

Sunday, May 01, 2005

2nd post

Almost 1 week after the first post, tons of things had happened but time seems to be passed slowly, perhaps because the flu virus still stays with me.

I had got my purple Grandis from the workshop, and the bill is whopping S$2,100 just for the body work and painting (By the way, US$1 = S$1.63). Anyhow, it is not the worst, no.. I did crash my car again yet but my body was so weak and barely able to drive home from the workshop.

As I had much more time at home to rest, surprisingly, I had yet to open the SONY PSP which I had bought from Tokyo on April 24, neither had passed one to my good friend. I felt that there must be something wrong inside me! Instead, I spent lot of time sleeping (and dreaming). On top of that, there were couple of books that I am reading in parallel, namely, the Business of Streaming and Digital Media, written by Dan Rayburn & Michael Hoch, it is an interesting book with some example but I think it is more for the business persons then the technique. Though I used some of the text as the quotation in my regional meeting presentation :- "Quality is the King and Content is the queen" which made the floor laugh for 30 seconds. Also, the book had some serious misprint in page 93 when they mentioned about the mega, giga those scientific stuff. Perhaps I should send the author about the misprint so that they can collect them in the next press. May be.

The other book that I had finished is written by Stephen C Lundin, John Christensen and Harry Paul with the title "Fish! Sticks", I read part of the Fish from a friend called Manson when he managed the carpark in Central district (Hong Kong), perhaps if anyone interest to read this book, you better read the FISH first. Anyhow, I think it is a good one and I like the simple thing that can be remembered "Find IT, live IT and Coach IT"

The other current read was the book bought in LAX (though I had only 30 minute to jump from the gate 81 to gate 76), I managed to get into a book shop and got this book and the Fortune magazine (the cover having Bill Gate looked worry because of Google :-) ). Anyhow, as the technical background person though now in a relative senior position, I had never been the real sales person or the rainmaker, therefore, the book with title "How to become a rainmaker" caught my eye instantly. It is written by Jeffrey J Fox. I have not finished yet, with browsing of the first few chapters, it has lot of common sense. Not saying that it is no good but it is something that you may already know but easily forgotten.

Last one was a tough cookie and I had no idea why I bought it in Singapore Changi airport before my Las Vegas trip, I had tried very hard not to fall into sleep everyone I tried to read it, perhaps I shall be able to do better when all my flu virus clean up. Don't get me wrong, indeed, I am very delighted and interested about the topics but it is just too hard for me to swallow all the medical terms... The book with title "The Mind and the Brain Neuroplasticity and the Power of the Mental Force", it is written by Jeffrey M Schwartz and Sharon Begley. It is indeed interesting book to discuss about the brain and mind. Perhaps I wonder this book can help me to understand more about my brain... It was certainly not the first time that I bought such a book, there was still couple of Chinese booke that I had bought in Beijing about brain, but guess what, even I was trained in Chinese when I was young, I found that it was even difficult to comprehence the Chinese books comparing to the English books. Unfortunate or forturnatel that my mom (my most love one) wouldn't be able to see my BLOG as she had passed away for 15 years on May 9. Otherwise, she would be disappointed to me that I almost switch my mother tougue from one language to other.

This morning went to Century Square shopping mall with the family, always toy sections for the kids no matter in Metro or in Toy Rus. Anyhow, it is a rare situation that my wife agreed to go north east instead of the popular place known as Parkway Parade. Since we were very early bird (before 10a - since most shops open at 10a), we were getting a very good parking spot, enjoyed breakfast in the new food court (the last time we visited the food court was still at B1 and now moved to the 3/F and 4/F), then wait until Metro open (because we had vochures that can exchange Metro Q-pon as I had spent quite a lot in the mobile services) . Talking about the mobile services, I was quite detested about the current service provider, which is Singtel Mobile, as I stay near by the East Coast Park, the mobile sometimes (indeed quite often roamed to Indonesia Mobile operator), i.e., I shall need to pay for the roaming services even though I am using my phone at home! The detested part was that when calling their service center, the first thing that the agent said was there would be no refund before they mentioned anything! Then they said that I should turn off the auto select network function in my phone [I thought it was Singtel advice to turn on for switching between their 900MHz and 1800MHz network before!] If not I want to keep my mobile number without potentially long delay of rerouting of SMS, perhaps I should switch to other service provider!

Just have some drug with relaxance and getting sleepy, time to post it and get some sleep and hope that my flu virus can clean up soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home